Staff power allocation

megabuilder_

Staff power allocation

Post by megabuilder_ » Thu May 16, 2019 5:09 am

While I was trying to find where to post this, I came across someone else with the same qualm. Specifically relating to the factions server, staff should not be allowed to play/raid IF they are able to use all of the commands that give them an unfair advantage. Destitution informed me that helpers even have commands to see players coords. First off, let me make it clear that I'm not posting this because I got raided and want revenge; I am genuinely concerned about this topic, and I hope you will take my suggestions seriously. Some background as to how I came about this knowledge. While I was travelling to the world border over 1 thousand blocks away from a helper (I would prefer not to give names; however, I can aswell as the time and date of the incident (so that chat logs can be looked at and photo evidence of a helper flying if need be.) and he told me to keep going to the - - corner even though I had not told him anything. Then I asked 4 times how he could see my location with no response. Then he made some vague reply. Shortly after this I killed a helper in emerald kit by tping him at his request unbeknownst to him to my claim and killing him with kit basic because he had not enemied me. Literally 1 minute later he randomly wanted to alt test me and my brother which I am sure is solely out of anger. Needless to say we passed. After he was unable to get his revenge, he declared that he was going to raid me which I would not usually take issue with. The problem is that I had just found out that they have commands to see players location. Which the helper adamantly denied, and called me disrespectful and stupid for questioning staff until Destitution came on and set the record straight saying that they did have coord commands. In my opinion it should be common sense that staff with such powers should not be allowed to play like a normal joe because that power will inevitably be abused. This is not a radical idea, but common practice on every server I have ever played on. I take no personal issues with anyone; however, I urge you guys to reconsider the current policy of letting staff members play factions. In closing if you don't listen to me or if I get raided as a result of these powers, so be it I will just have to find a new server. I really enjoy this one, and I hope you will consider my suggestions, especially because I am not the only one who has complained about this.
thanks for your consideration,
-Mega

kabo111

Re: Staff power allocation

Post by kabo111 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:24 pm

Destitiution isn't a god. He can forget things like any other human being for sure.
and he doesn't remember if he was able to see people's cords at a rank like mine "helper"
what shows to him in commands isn't what shows to me using the same command

saying that you don't want staff to play factions
1st of all higher staff are watching us
and we can't do anything wrong . teleporting to people as an example using /tpo. 1st you will see and he will too.

so we can't know your place.

2nd thing is you saying that i did alt test you cause of anger..
i'm an old faction player, in old days we didn't have to enemy people to hit them. Ye something that i forgot that it got changed.
so if killing me with your basic kit while i can't hit you back and making a party on makes you happy i'm happy too ♥

basically someone told me that you guys are alts and i checked and saw it
and here is the issue now you said i tested you and your brother while i did test 2 other accounts this one you using not one of them.

you stated before that you are 3 people in same house and now as i see is it only 2 with 3 accounts ? hmmm problem here i guess..
explain it please.

3rd thing here is some screen shots giving the full idea why you posting this thing

4th thing flying issue you talking about.
basically you can just buy a diamond rank and look what cool commands you can get to use
in the commands you get you can do things like /jump !
even faster than flying
does this count as a not fair thing ? when a normal member can't have it but another can cause he paid ?
of course no, That's how almost every game works.
this server needs to pay pills.

check this amazing commands you can get all in Diamond Rank (that's few of what you get).

gl with your faction bro
next time if you suspect anyone of doing anything wrong you can easily report him using this link down below ;)
:!: https://www.strongcraft.org/reports.php :!:

Destitution_

Post by Destitution_ » Thu May 16, 2019 6:35 pm

Hello megabuilder_,

If you want to report something you have to do it here:
https://www.strongcraft.org/reports.php

Then it is a valid report. This is not a valid report, only a suggestion/discussion

kabo111

Post by kabo111 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:42 pm

And just to let you know sir. the one post that you found.

you saying that it had the same problem.
basically it's completely the opposite thing Casteldidharambe was talking how staff powers are restricted

you should have scrolled down in forum and checked 1st since the one you replied to was just a reply for the other post ;)

you can check it here :viewtopic.php?f=14&t=514

megabuilder_

Post by megabuilder_ » Thu May 16, 2019 7:41 pm

Destitution_ wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:35 pm
Hello megabuilder_,

If you want to report something you have to do it here:
https://www.strongcraft.org/reports.php

Then it is a valid report. This is not a valid report, only a suggestion/discussion
I am fully aware I never wanted to actually file a report against anyone. Hence why I left all of the names off. I gave a suggestion that many other players have given, and that is why I put it here. Everyone is getting so personally offended by this even though I tried very hard to not make it a personal issue so that some actual growth could come out of this. As far as kaboo's screen shots yes I said that but It was more of a joke, and hence why I never actually created a report and gave suggestions. If this is called Suggestions/feedback why cant I put feed back here. I Just wanted to give background as to why I feel the way I do. There are many other players that feel the same way. All most all servers have implemented the policy that I stated above. The ONLY reason I said that I could give evidence is if staff care enough about my suggestion to actually consider it but need to see proof of abuse then I will give evidence of mod abuse; however, the whole reason I have created this post is in an attempt to bring constructive criticism and suggestions.
Last edited by megabuilder_ on Thu May 16, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

megabuilder_

Post by megabuilder_ » Thu May 16, 2019 7:54 pm

kabo111 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:42 pm
And just to let you know sir. the one post that you found.

you saying that it had the same problem.
basically it's completely the opposite thing Casteldidharambe was talking how staff powers are restricted

you should have scrolled down in forum and checked 1st since the one you replied to was just a reply for the other post ;)

you can check it here :viewtopic.php?f=14&t=514
Incorrect sir. If i wanted to comment on a preexisting mod abuse topic these would be a good start. But that's not what I wanted to do.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=375
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=498

I am agreeing with him, and I read the article. That is why I commented on the second post. About feedback not being taken. Notice that the post I commented only talked about the lack of consideration for user feedback. Not to mention I don't care how much power staff has that really isn't the issue. That is why I bolded the IF towards the top of my post. I do not think that staff should be able to play just like normal members because not only does it allow for personal vendettas to bring unwarranted punishments but it allows them to fulfill these with great ease should they choose to do so. I enjoy an impartial unbiased staff, and that is simply impossible if the staff plays factions like a normal person because the entire point of factions is to make enemies and get revenge on people who have angered you. And your response to me killing you is a perfect example of that. Now that that is done

1st You literally lied to me about not having commands to see players coords, and while yes the higher powers can catch you they will not ever come to close to being able to stop you or punish you every time. For example there will always be hackers on every mine-craft server even though they have "higher ups watching them".

2. You ranted about how mad you were that i killed you then alt tested me 1 minute after that.
In regards to 3 people thing yes it is not common for all of us to be on at the exact same time; however, when we are I have already stated that I will be more than happy to do an alt test. We aren't all going to drop our schedules for a little test though.

3. Wow I am posting this in suggestions for a reason this is in no way an attack against you tell me where your name is in this post? It is a SUGGESTION you guys have an odd way of listening to the community.

4. these are the command helpers get
Mute, warn, jail
- /spawn players when they're stuck
- /nce commands to check for real time notifications by the anticheat
- /alts to see possible abuses of alt accounts
- /disband to reorder stacked players in lobby that might be having KA on
- Global access to helpops coming from the whole server, anywhere, any time
- /whereis to spot players anywhere on the server
- bypasses for island/plot bans
- /staffchat and /globalstaff chat for quick staff communication even cross server
- /fly anywhere
- Access to any chatlog and kill log ever, everywhere
- They're trusted with having access to bedrock for log lookups
- inventory and enderchest access to other players
- /tpo and /tppos and /tpseen and /tpohere

We all know that these commands have been abused. It is just the nature of it, and that's why most servers don't give active faction PLAYERS these commands.

kabo111

Post by kabo111 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:27 pm

/Whereis shows which server the player is
you are not a staff member and don't know how it works.
so again i can't know where you guys at unless i force tp to you....

the post that you did mention about me talking about power abusing.
Kichuu got demoted for abusing his powers
he kept tping me in air and fall damage killing me.

you better read all of the post 1st next time.

for the other post.
checking logs is a must need thing but for factions ye i guess the command should be removed from staff under Mod rank.
i talked about /oi to Nthrill to and he accepted the idea of removing it from factions, but still not removed.

we are on your side here just making everything clear.

megabuilder_

Post by megabuilder_ » Fri May 17, 2019 5:40 am

Okay the /where thing is good to know, and I admit I don't know how it works. Also I am glad that you can see where I am coming from, and I appreciate you clearing things up; however, I don't know why you said that I need to read the whole article because he got demoted. The point isn't that he was punished but that he committed the abuse in the first place. I was showing examples of staff abuse. I'm not sure if you missed the part where I said "if I wanted to comment on an article about staff abuse". As I previously stated they can and will catch some of them but it is impossible to catch all of them. I Just wanted to clear that up, and I appreciate that you can admit some things should be changed. I've said all I have to say on the matter, and I hope y'all will consider it.
thanks,
Mega

kabo111

Post by kabo111 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:18 pm

thanks for understanding.

im going to quit this server staff position btw
getting much hate from other staff atm. arguing with me cause i kinda tried to " justify " me flying at factions

as i remember i never saw Steelrcraft "Admin before" and Prilly not flying for a sec in Fac "while being a fac players"
and no one did anything about it or even talked.

AntiCheat was a Helper and was always flying and even when we tried to kill him in his base he did fly around and escaped
we didn't manage to hit him once to get him combat tagged

and yes no one did something about that

i don't remember anytime for me doing any of the mentioned things above and already getting attacked by my fellow friends ;)
didn't even raid a single base yet myself.

so ye its a rekt system with no one listening to our suggestions tbh.

sorry if i ever did anything seems wrong to you.