Redstone Limitations

Alex4win

Redstone Limitations

Post by Alex4win » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:05 am

So I've been trying to make an auto-farm for a good month now.
I made a design that uses pistons, only to find out that there is a 120 piston limit.

I spent a day making a design that only used dispensers and hoppers. But apparently there is a 40 hopper limit as well.
The only place this is mentioned is on the rank comparison page which shows how you can donate to increase the limit.

Then I spent even more time designing a farm that relies mostly on dispensers and hopper minecarts. I invested a week into building it and thought that I had finally found my design. But I found out today that there is a 10 minecart limit per chunk.

I'm getting frustrated with these server settings that are hidden from players. If your going to implement rules that restricts the players, please make them public.
I would ideally like to see these restrictions lifted. But I doubt that the staff are willing to do that.
So please at least give us a list of server settings so we don't have to waste our time doing things the server won't let us.

tl:dr gimme my redstone back damn it

Darkascention

Re: Redstone Limitations

Post by Darkascention » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:14 pm

These limitations are there to stop lag and keep people from crashing the server with to much redstone so These limitations will not be removed any time soon

10thDimension

Post by 10thDimension » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:11 pm

Yeah the entity limit made me cry too when I spend a lot of time trying to figure out the most efficient design for my grinder. If I knew there was a limit I wouldn't waste time on improving that one design and would instead try and find a different solution.

Alex4win

Post by Alex4win » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:43 pm

Are pistons, hoppers, and entities the only restricted things? Or is there more we don't know about?
Also, lets say a player makes a super laggy farm that chugs the server. Will mods just delete it?

Destitution_

Post by Destitution_ » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:56 am

Mods on Factions :?: :?: :?: not really seen them there.
There's a skull limit if you want to know that.